Friday, March 7, 2008

No Dairy Baked Spinach & Mushroom Omelet

Ingredients:
4 oz drained frozen spinach (I thaw the frozen and then ring it out in a towel)(Trader Joes)
4 beaten eggs (Trader Joes)
1 cup almond milk (Trader Joes)
4 oz can mushrooms drained*(Costco)
1 tsp onion powder*
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded dutch goat cheese (You have to shred it yourself. It comes in a wedge.)(Trader Joes)
1 Tbsp all purpose white wheat flour (Trader Joes) You could use any all-purpose flour if you don't have this.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray 9" pie tin with cooking spray.

Sprinkle all of the spinach on the bottom of the tin.

Mix all remaining ingredients. Pour into pan. Bake for 1 hour until golden edged and when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

* You could substitute the can of mushrooms and tsp of onion powder with 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms and 1/4 cup of your favorite diced onion. Sautee mushroom & onion.

I think I get to call this "no dairy" even with the goat cheese. I had NO yucky feeling in my tummy after this delicious breakfast.

2 comments:

Lois Thorpe said...

wow. I really want to try this!

Paula said...

you'll be glad you did. I'm making some & freezing it right now. :)