Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Commiserate, anyone?

I got a sales call today.

After "I'm calling from the Home Design Center . . ." I cut in truthfully, "Sir, I'm working right now".

His response? "Painting your fingernails? That's work to you, huh?"

After a "Do I hang up or try to remain nice?" pause, I began to remark, "Sir, I'm about to hang-up," but he beat me to it!

I was hung up on because he was rude. Insane!

If you're in that small group who actually reads my blog, what is the craziest thing they've ever said to you?

2 comments:

Layafire said...

Ummm... shocking, but hilarious! I don't think anyone has ever said anything like that to me. Plus, we only have cell phones so we do not have sales calls ever. lol!

Earle-girl said...

I have to admit I sort of enjoy the outrage of someone who is so outrightly rude. I'll have to tell you my front-door story sometime.